Monday, August 18, 2008

Deiv Anand makes autobiographical movie: sues himself for defamation

Bollywood veteran Deiv Anand launched his latest movie 'What was I thinking?', touted to be the man's swan-song. Jacky Shroff plays Deiv Anand in this semi-autobiographical movie and also four other roles. 'I always like working with fresh faces like Jacky' said Deiv saab, forgetting that Jacky dada is a veteran himself.

The story is of a film-maker whose life follows a strange pattern. For each hit that he delivers, 50 of his movies flop. At least that's what he thinks till his 52nd movie also flops, shattering his hope and dream of one day making a movie that people other than him actually watch.

'I'm as nervous as I was last year when Guide was released' Deiv saab chatters on incoherently, 'I only wish someone would watch this bloody movie'

He also confirmed rumours that he was taking action against himself and the producer, again himself, for having depicted himself in a bad light in the movie. 'There are creative boundaries that should not be crossed, which I'm sad to say have been crossed, despite my warnings. It's alright to imitate me but I have to admit I was hurt watching the rushes, at being caricatured like this. I have filed for damages amounting to Re 1, which will cover Jackie's salary if not anything else' he roared.

No comments: