Friday, December 26, 2008

It's Qazab vs Salim this election

Veteran SBP leader Abu Salim, MP of the Muzabarpur constituency, will face tough competition in the upcoming Indian general elections from young gun Qazab (of the Mumbai attacks' fame) who heads the youth wing of BDS. The opinion polls indicate that the situation is interestingly poised.
There is little to choose between the candidates. Qazab has a track record of fearless attacks and his high intensity training at Karachi seems to have stood him in good stead. Salim, on the other hand is now a well-known face and has the experience of running giant corporations that carry out drug deals, extortion, kidnaps and so on.
'I learnt a great deal from the Mumbai attacks. That was a rough time in my life and I had to spend a few days in jail as well, which was a humbling experience. But that was where my cell mates encouraged me to look at politics as a career' said Qazab, in a telephonic chat, 'When the Bakawati Commision report came out this year, acquitting me and my friends in the 26/11 attacks, I was overjoyed' he said,'I still remember the Mumbai attacks fondly. Despite the loss of lives, you have to admit that if not for this, no one would recognise me on the streets.' When asked about the issue of his nationality, Qazab had this to say -'The aam Indian voter does not care about where the neta is from. All he wants is food'
And food it is that BDS promises - two bags of rice in return for every vote. Salim bhai, on the other hand is depending on cash bribes and also a high profile campaign including dance numbers by his long time friend Bonica Medi.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you have been blogging for a year?!

add that to my 2 1/2 year crib.

oh and yea..congrats and all that!